look alike app for linux-ppc

Renato Henriques repehe at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 26 10:43:20 UTC 2005

I tried to search for these but nothing showed up on the synaptic packages.

I went to specific sites and nothing installs on powerpc. Is it possible?

Lee Braiden <lee_b at digitalunleashed.com> escreveu:
On Monday 22 August 2005 17:50, Renato Henriques wrote:
> Is there an application included in the ubuntu distro which does a similar
> job to "emule" or "limewire". There is no "limewire" for linux powerpc. I
> checked.

Limewire is just one of many possible Gnutella network clients. Try
gtk-gnutella; it's perfectly usable, less resource-demanding than Limewire,
and actually has some useful features that let you cut out the junk from the
Gnutella network.

For the eDonkey network, there are a few alternatives there too: amule and
xmule (which I'd recommend in that order).

There are also multi-network clients that do Gnutella, Bittorrent, eDonkey,
Fasttrack, etc.

Just browse through the packages in synaptic; it's good to find out what's
available. Sometimes you don't know you need stuff, if you never take the
time to find out about it.

--
Lee Braiden

 Renato Henriques