vim syntax highlighting

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Fri Aug 26 06:41:59 UTC 2005

On Fri, Aug 26, 2005 at 02:27:10AM +0300, ZIYAD A. M. AL-BATLY wrote:
>On Thu, 2005-08-25 at 23:26 +0200, Christoph Georgi wrote:
>> thanks for all the tips and tricks!
>>
>> another question on vim's highlighting arose concerning searching: when
>> you search vim highlights all the results in the file. but after i found
>> what i was searching for, i'd like it to stop highlighting all the
>> results.. how would one go about doing that?
>>
>> thanks,
>> christoph
>>

>        :set nohlsearch
>
>To enable "search highlight" again:
>        :set hlsearch

Note that search highlight is turned on automatically when you do
another search. So, :hls is only needed if you want to re-highlight a
search after having turned it off using :noh.

/M

magnus at therning.org
http://therning.org/magnus

by patent law on written works.

Computers are like Old Testament gods; lots of rules and no mercy.
     -- Joseph Campbell