vim syntax highlighting

bkasterm ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Fri Aug 26 02:49:21 UTC 2005

Christoph Georgi Wrote:
> thanks for all the tips and tricks!

> another question on vim's highlighting arose concerning searching:
> when

> you search vim highlights all the results in the file. but after i
> found

> what i was searching for, i'd like it to stop highlighting all the

> results.. how would one go about doing that?

I have

:nnoremap <CR> <CR>:noh <Bar> :synt on<CR>

in my .vimrc

The :noh turns off the coloring (just for this search not permanently.
And the :synt on

is there since apparently one of my plugins is faulty and turns off
syntax highlighting

after a :noh.  Can probably leave that out.

So this turns of the search coloring if you press return at any time.

Best,

Bart

--
bkasterm