SCSI : "hot" plugging scanners ?

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Thu Aug 25 23:47:44 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-08-26 at 00:05 +0100, Andrew Millar wrote:
> I know this probably isn't very helpful, but, does the scanner actually use that much power?
> I wouldn't have expected it to use much at all.

It's like a leaking water tap Andy, no matter how little it leaks, it
can't be justified and always going to be pure waste of ressources and
money ! ;-)
So it has to be stopped...
Same for my laser printer, it's turned off by default. I print very
little, say one page per day, averaged over a year, so even keeping the
LEDs lit is not acceptable ;-)

--
Vince, every little helps...