Cannot Install Wine! What gives?

Steve bassix at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 12:46:38 UTC 2005

On 8/24/05, sweet jelly <academic3000 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I'm not great with computers, but there was nothing in windows that I wanted
> to do that I wasn't able to figure out.  Now, Ubuntu is my only operating
> system.  I cannot find any sites that have Precise, STEP-by-step (like for a
> baby, or something) Ubuntu help.  It seems at this point my capacity to
> install a basic program (Wine) is a long way off.  Please help.

This won't help you with wine, but it has many other things you need
to know, and it is step-by-step, with little room for error:

http://www.ubuntuguide.org/

It's helped many people getting started (like me). Good luck.... don't give up!

Also, Google is you friend! :-)

-Steve.
--
Ubuntu :: Linux for Human Beings [Intelx86/AMD64/PowerPC] ubuntulinux.org