[Breezy] NIC numbering convention ??

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Wed Aug 24 06:55:50 UTC 2005

Ever since I bought my motherboard, 3 years aog, the on-board Ethernet
controller has never worked. Not with Windows XP (despite the driver
supplied by MSI on a CD), nor any flavour of Linux. So I had to buy an
add-on PCI NIC. It is named 'eth0', which makes sense as it's the only
NIC in the machine. Now this morning, being impressed by Breezy, I
decided to turn the on-board NIC back on, and to my surprise, boy, it
WORKS now !! I love Breezy, I am overjoyed.

Only thing I noticed, is that the on-baord NIC was named 'eth2', where I
would have expected it to be called 'eth1', no ?

Am I missing sometinh here, or is it just a plain bug that I should
report ?

I checked /etc/iftab and there is only eth0 listed in there, so nothing
forcing Breezy to skip eth1.

Regards,

--
Vince, overjoyed