Crashing with Dell

Jonathan Saylor jvsaylor at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 23:00:08 UTC 2005

Dennis,

     I would contact the mobo manufacture and ask them what memory
modules have they qualified for that motherboard.  Lets say the maker
has only qualified Kingston PC2700 < 2GB  modules (usually its 3-4
brands and 2-3 speeds), Dell just says PC2700 RAM <2GB modules will work
period.  Dell's response is RAM is RAM (at least that's the response we
got).  I work in a strange enviroment as it is so I know how untrue that
really is.  I would try to make sure you dont have a bug/leak first, but
its something I've learned about Dell and I thought you might like to know.

Jon