Compaq Presario (V2305CA) laptop and Ubuntu

jamesrw ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Mon Aug 22 16:00:53 UTC 2005

tmilam Wrote:
> I did some searching and found that the wireless card in the v200z -
> BCM4318 - doesn't have a 64 bit inf driver for windows. I've been
> trying to use ndiswrapper and it failed because the driver is 32 bit.

> Even on an OS that's supposed to be 'easy' to use, you can't get this
> card to work with a 64 bit driver. Might just have to wait a few weeks
> or months before its supported in a 64 bit environment.

> My info comes from google searches. If I'm wrong someone please correct
> me! In the mean time it's back to 32 bit.......

I have a compaq v2000z (ati 200m, amd turion 640, hoary 5.04 amd64. I
ran into lots of the same problems you did and finding this thread I
think I have found solutions for video but have yet to try them out. I
was running the 32bit release for starters but upgraded last night to
find lots of stuff is working. I even have bluetooth sync and PPP
connection with my sony clie ux50! WOW

http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=57955

works for me! no if i can correct the video issue with the video
driver.. I'll let you know if I am successful.

--
jamesrw