Compaq Presario (V2305CA) laptop and Ubuntu

tmilam ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Tue Aug 16 20:15:24 UTC 2005

I did some searching and found that the wireless card in the v200z -
BCM4318 - doesn't have a 64 bit inf driver for windows. I've been
trying to use ndiswrapper and it failed because the driver is 32 bit.

Even on an OS that's supposed to be 'easy' to use, you can't get this
card to work with a 64 bit driver. Might just have to wait a few weeks
or months before its supported in a 64 bit environment.

My info comes from google searches. If I'm wrong someone please correct
me! In the mean time it's back to 32 bit.......

--
tmilam