Problems with your iPod mini, someone figured it out

Matt Patterson matt at v8zman.com
Mon Aug 22 15:03:56 UTC 2005

Actually, that fix I pointed out way back when could not have been the
solution. I gave up on the message boards entirely because nothing was
fixing my iPod problems. I attempted the fix I posted earlier, BUT,
turns out the stock ubuntu kernel already had that option turned off.
The only solution that I have managed to find which alllows me to use my
mini on my usb 2.0 port 80% of the time is to update the mini firmware
(there was a recent upgrade posted from apple) and to only connect the
mini through an unpowered usb 2.0 hub. I do not have a powered hub to
try, but I know that plugging directly into any of the usb 2.0 ports
makes it fail.

Good luck, if you figure this out for real be sure to tell us all.

Matt

P.S. I hate my iPod!!!