Problem with Samba printing in Windows / (Linux fine)

Luis Murillo lmurillo at gmx.net
Sun Aug 21 18:19:28 UTC 2005

I too had this problem and it only worked a couple of times then it
stopped working. So what I did was tell the Windows machine to connect
to the printer through ipp, and it worked faster. Though it would be
nice for the printing to be done through Samba.

On Sun, 2005-08-21 at 20:01 +0200, Michael Nowag wrote:
> hi,
>
> well my problem is as follows:
>
> I have a Cups/Samba Printserver running Hoary, which works just fine.
> BUT...accessing the printer from any windows client is extremly slow.
> printing small pages or opening the properties menu in windows takes
> several minutes. on the other hand, printing from linunx clients is fast.
> same goes for booting linux on one of those windows clients and printing.
> so it can't be the hardware (wifi) nor the printserver settings.
[...]
--
Luis Murillo M.
lmurillo at gmx.net
Heredia, Costa Rica

GPG KeyID: D66B35FD
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys D66B35FD