Creating PDF on Ubuntu

Sridhar M.A. mas at mylug.org
Sun Aug 21 10:55:02 UTC 2005

On Sun, Aug 21, 2005 at 12:30:40AM -0400, Hakim Singhji wrote:

   > I wanted to know if anyone out there is creating .pdf files by any means
   > other than Ghostscript (gs) and PS2PDF. If there is... is there a GUI
   > .pdf making tool that is available for Ubuntu?

Adding to what others have suggested, try scribus. A very good dtp tools
with ability to create pdf forms. Wonderful for creating pdf forms with
tooltips, drop-down boxes, radio/check buttons.

I have used it to create a nice pdf to be used as an application form.
Check it out at

   http://physics.uni-mysore.ac.in/fiveyear/appln5-05.pdf

Regards,

--
Sridhar M.A.                                 GPG KeyID : F6A35935
  Fingerprint: D172 22C4 7CDC D9CD 62B5  55C1 2A69 D5D8 F6A3 5935