rss reader recommendations

rajiv vyas rajiv1 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 20 19:40:36 UTC 2005

On Sat, 20 Aug 2005, Sean Sieger wrote:

> Graphical RSS readers bug me--buttons, color, stuff.
> I mean, XML's beauty is the spare textuality after
> all. So I was excited that Gnus has RSS. But the RSS
> support isn't very... far along. It'll come though.
> If you already have Emacs installed do

I tend to agree with you. Buttons, color, navigation, graphics, etc. are
too distracting.

Will have to somehome manage to start GNUs and then get RSS working on it.
It's manual is a bit to complex though. It took me few days to get Pine
working with my Gmail -- read and send.

> C-h i m gnus m rss

Tried that but does not work for some reason.

> read the entire thing and note the several commands
> that you'll need. If you go through the archives of
> ding, http://www.gnus.org/ and the newsgroup
> gnu.emacs.gnus, you'll find plenty of subjects lines
> that have RSS in them. The posts in total point, to
> me, to a not real solid mode yet.
>
> I manage thirty-some lists with Gnus and I cannot
> imagine doing it any other way.
> --

Thanks,

Rajiv