rss reader recommendations

Sean Sieger sean.sieger at gmail.com
Sat Aug 20 17:34:47 UTC 2005

rajiv vyas <rajiv1 at gmail.com> writes:

   I currently use Blam and think it's pretty good but was wondering if
   there's any text-based RSS reader so I can read it in emacs or
   something. Did some Google search and found that Gnus can read most of
   the RSS feed. But that thing is a beast. It's suppose to be very powerful
   but almost impossible to even get it started.

Graphical RSS readers bug me--buttons, color, stuff.
I mean, XML's beauty is the spare textuality after
all. So I was excited that Gnus has RSS. But the RSS
support isn't very... far along. It'll come though.
If you already have Emacs installed do

C-h i m gnus m rss

read the entire thing and note the several commands
that you'll need. If you go through the archives of
ding, http://www.gnus.org/ and the newsgroup
gnu.emacs.gnus, you'll find plenty of subjects lines
that have RSS in them. The posts in total point, to
me, to a not real solid mode yet.

I manage thirty-some lists with Gnus and I cannot
imagine doing it any other way.
--
Sean Sieger