Recent breezy kernels not booting

Nathan Howell nathan at crapbox.org
Sat Aug 20 03:47:48 UTC 2005

On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 22:05:11 -0400, Mike Branda wrote:

> I am having this issue too.  Was recommended to try breezy by someone
> for a brand new AMD 64 Compaq R4000 after hoary would lock up rock
> solid at login.

I knew I couldn't be the only one. ;-)

> Let me know if you find something out.  I was told to use colony 3.
> What are the differences between colonies and which version has the
> 2.6.12-6.6 useable kernel??

2.6.12-6.6 was just an older kernel I had in my cache. I first had this
problem when I went from 2.6.12-6.6 to 2.6.12-6.8, so I just went back a
couple of versions.

The colony releases are just snapshots on the way to the final release.
Colony 3 is the newest.

Nathan