emacs/X11/background problem in Breezy

Johannes Behr johannes.behr at igd.fhg.de
Fri Aug 19 17:36:03 UTC 2005

Hi,

I just installed (and updated) the Colony 3 Release
and there are (at least) three very strange bugs/features:

1) emacs does not start: Undefined color: "black"
  I install build-essential and emacs. Wenn I try
  to start emacs I get a "Undefined color: "black""
  message?

2) I run the nvidia-driver X is really slow!
  I can see the xserver drawing the logging-screen
  in titles from the upper-left corner to
  the lower-right. Very strange.

3) I cannot change the background do "No Wallpaper"
  The "Ubunto Sparkle" image comes always back.
  Very nice product placement :)

Does anybody have similar problems ?

regards,
  Johannes