GDM

Harry Wert hwert at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 19 16:22:06 UTC 2005

Andy Choens wrote:

>On 8/19/05, Andy Choens <gunksta at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>>man update-rc.d
>>>
>>>update-rc.d gdm defaults
>>>

>>I tried.  But, no dice.  I'm trying to learn more about how Debian
>>handles it's init scripts.  Watching very carefully when my computer
>>boots, it's not even trying to stat gdm.  So, I installed bum, and it
>>doesn't show gdm as a service in ANY run level.
>>
>>could someone send me the result of
>>

>ls /etc/rc2.d

K11anacron   S14ppp       S20inetd      S25mdadm         S99rmnologin
S05vbesave   S19cupsys    S20makedev    S89anacron       S99stop-bootlogd
S10sysklogd  S20acpid     S20netapplet  S89atd
S11klogd     S20apmd      S20postfix    S89cron
S12alsa      S20dbus-1    S20powernowd  S99acpi-support
S13gdm       S20festival  S20rsync      S99fetchmail

Harry Wert
Physicist