Mezzo Desktop? -- not yet fonctionnal on PowerPC cpus.

Andrew virgule88 at videotron.ca
Fri Aug 19 00:34:17 UTC 2005

On Thursday 18 August 2005 04:52, graigsmith wrote:
> neat, i have to try this out, downloading it now.
>

> --
> graigsmith

I gave it a try on a powerpc but it would not load. I get just a spinning
wheel. I tried to switch to tty1 in hope to extract some infos and datas but
the computer bounced my back to GDM screen. Fiddling around eventually lead
me to a 'mezzo-bin: could not execute binary file' so it must be a ppc
specific issue (byte order swap?!) It seam the 'mezzo' and 'mezzo-bin'
executables are actually 'firefox' and 'firefox-bin' renamed.. I have made a
thread of their forum but I am not a programmer so take my words for what
they are worth ;)

detail:
 /usr/Applications/System/orc-moz/mezzo-bin: cannot execute binary file