Changing MTU

ZIYAD A. M. AL-BATLY zamb at saudi.net.sa
Thu Aug 18 23:10:18 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-08-19 at 06:34 +0930, Mike wrote:
> Hi guys
>
> How do you change the MTU on an interface permanently?? Using ifconfig
> works fine but want to set to another MTU permanently.
>
> I tried various combinations in the interfaces file without luck.
>
> Mike
> Australia
See "man interfaces".  According to that manual page, all you need is to
find the relative line for the desired interface in
"/etc/network/interfaces" and directly append a line in the form of "mtu
_size_", where _size_ is the number you want it to be fixed at, of
course.

If that doesn't help, please re-post here again.  (Also, you might want
to explain more on what exactly you want to do.)
Ziyad.