rss reader recommendations

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Thu Aug 18 15:38:47 UTC 2005

Derek Broughton wrote:

> Stephen R Laniel wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Aug 16, 2005 at 10:25:56AM -0300, Derek Broughton wrote:
>> [in re aKregator]
>>> One hopes.  It doesn't seem to remember things well - it seems
>>> completely incapable of marking a feed read, shutting down, starting up,
>>> and still
>>> having all those entries read.  It doesn't integrate properly with
>>> kontact - if you tell it to start up in the system tray, it only does
>>> that if you
>>> start akregator outside of kontact (I filed a bug report on that).  It
>>> keeps corrupting my feed list, and now I can't remember where I found
>>> the config file.
>>
>> Odd: I've never had any of these problems. I wonder if your
>> system has some particular configuration oddities. What
>> version of aKregator are you running?
>
> 1.1.2
>
> It still isn't starting in the system tray.

I take that back (somewhat).  After starting akregator from the menu (while
kontact was running), then shutting down kontact (causing the system tray
entry to be removed), then restarting kontact, akregator _did_ show in the
system tray.  It even shows if I have it set to start kontact showing mail,
which is an improvement - I used to have to start it showing "feeds".
_However_, if you log off ("close session") with kontact open, then log in
again, the akregator system tray icon is gone after kontact starts.  That's
poor session management.
--
derek