rss reader recommendations

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Thu Aug 18 14:59:07 UTC 2005

Stephen R Laniel wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 16, 2005 at 10:25:56AM -0300, Derek Broughton wrote:
> [in re aKregator]
>> One hopes.  It doesn't seem to remember things well - it seems completely
>> incapable of marking a feed read, shutting down, starting up, and still
>> having all those entries read.  It doesn't integrate properly with
>> kontact - if you tell it to start up in the system tray, it only does
>> that if you
>> start akregator outside of kontact (I filed a bug report on that).  It
>> keeps corrupting my feed list, and now I can't remember where I found the
>> config file.
>
> Odd: I've never had any of these problems. I wonder if your
> system has some particular configuration oddities. What
> version of aKregator are you running?

1.1.2

It still isn't starting in the system tray.
I had to rebuild my feed list last week - it claims to make a backup when it
finds the feed list is corrupted, but I couldn't find it.  I'm guessing
this is occurring when my system locks up (some unrelated problem) and I
have to power down to get it turned off.

The issue of getting it to start up with all previously read items being
considered as "read" is probably a configuration error on my part, but it
sure isn't obvious from the poor documentation.
--
derek