Breezy Badger milestone release "Colony 3" now available

Kirtis Bakalarczyk kirtis.bakalarczyk at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 14:59:46 UTC 2005

I downloaded colony 3 yesterday and i've been keeping a list of things
that didn't work as expected.  It's mostly little stuff, i'm happy to
say.

1.  My mouse wheel didn't work out of the box.  It's a generic PS/2
microsoft mouse, and the mousewheel is usually setup properly in
Linux.  Required adding:
to xorg.conf

2. When i try to install one of the greyed out options in Add/Remove
Programs it offers to enable universe for me, but then does nothing.
(which is strange because this worked great from the live cd)

3.  I have two hard drives, one with hoary and one with breezy so i
put my hoary partitions as read only entries in my fstab, the show up
in 'Computer' like expected but when i try to unmount them i get an
error saying "unable to eject media", which makes sense because they
aren't CDs..

4.  Setting the wallpaper to "No Wallpaper" doesn't work, it just sets
the current wallpaper to tile with a different background color. (i
guess this is a gnome thing)

5.  About Me doesn't keep my home email, i put it in and they're gone
when i start it up again.  Everything else seems to stay fine.

6.  The "lock screen" password dialog is the old xscreensaver one, not
the new one from hoary.

7.  Not really a problem, but the boot splash works!  It doesn't show
up right away, it needs some anti-aliasing and it goes away early
(after loading modules, i think) but it works otherwise. (on my
Geforce 4 Ti 4200 64MB with nvidia driver)

I'll submit bugs for these things unless people mention that they already have.

Good job guys!

KIRT
--
:wq