Skype : no window pops-up

Michael R Head burner at suppressingfire.org
Thu Aug 18 14:03:11 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-08-18 at 14:14 +0200, Renaud Vernet wrote:
> Renaud Vernet wrote:
> > Arjan Geven wrote:
> >
> >> On 8/18/05, *Renaud Vernet* <renaud.vernet at cern.ch
> >> <mailto:renaud.vernet at cern.ch>> wrote:
> >>
> >>     Thanks, I tried it and it seems to work, at least so far.
> >>     Another thing : are you using enlightenment, or do you have this
> >> problem
> >>     with a WM like gnome or kde ?

I'm using GNOME

> >>     Cheers.
> >>
> >> Perhaps installing the latest version might help you?

I've got the latest from their apt repository

> I tried with the latest release for debian, but it doesn't work.
> Killing esd before lauching skype doesn't help either.

I've also been successful by adding my skype launcher to the panel and
modifying the commandline to be "esddsp skype" rather than just "skype"

(try it from the commandline first).

--
Michael R Head <burner at suppressingfire.org>
GPG) http://www.suppressingfire.org/~burner/gpg.key.txt