Freepascal

Douglas Alves alves5 at cantv.net
Thu Aug 18 12:16:56 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-08-18 at 11:55 +0200, Daniel Lombraña González wrote:
> The other day I was searching about freepascal packets. But I dont find
> nothing via apt-get search, however in Debian Sid and Sarge they have
> the packets.

Free Pascal is JUST ANOTHER implementation of the Pascal programming
language. You can get the Debian package at:
ftp://ftp.freepascal.org/pub/fpc/dist/i386-linux-2.0.0/deb/

You must read the installation instructions very well first. I had
trouble installing because there is a sequence to follow installing the
units.

> Why isnt that packets in Hoary?

I don't know how to explain it, but there is a (good) reason :)

I also tried the IDEs, like rhIDE, which worked 2 or 3 times but then
began giving trouble.

I would recommend you install the GNU Pascal Compiler (gpc) which you
can find in universe. Use any plain text editor to write the programs
and invoke gpc on the CLI.

> Cya!

FreePascal = Alopecia. So follow your own advice!