offline

Guido Heumann listguido at web.de
Wed Aug 17 21:41:39 UTC 2005

me schrieb:
[...]
> anyway, what id like to propose to you is that you need package media disks.
> offline users or low bandwidth users cannot download hundred of
> megabytes of additional software, but they often have cdrom drives.

There are official and unofficial DVD images that you can download and
use as offline package repositories. We just had a thread about this
some days ago, it starts here:
http://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-users/2005-August/045368.html

If you don't have a DVD drive, you can also make package CDs yourself.
There's a short howto in the FAQ on
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FrequentlyAskedQuestions?highlight=%28cd%29%7C%28offline%29

I'm not sure if Ubuntu's package CDs should be signed also, in addition
to what is mentioned there.

hope that helps

cheers,
Guido