offline

me mutschae at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 07:01:43 UTC 2005

hi,

i am not a ubuntu user but i am interrested in the positive development of
this distribution. your system is suitable for end users that like to switch
to linux. my preference is too complicated but i am capable to design it so
i can use gentoo.
my bro - a new ubuntuuser isnt - not able to use the console as i do, so he
got a ubuntu to install and that worked (he told me about using the mouse in
a x :)
yesterday he liked to watch a moviedvd - a task that i perform seldom,
because it is not as easy as in windows.
i realized that even with the installdvd there where no packages that could
manage this, he got no net so watching dvd got a strange session copying
software from a knoppix cd... (did not work as expected...)

anyway, what id like to propose to you is that you need package media disks.
offline users or low bandwidth users cannot download hundred of megabytes of
additional software, but they often have cdrom drives.
of course there are too many packages available to suit all users but these
packages can be ordered:
(example, discuss that!)
development:
compiler, kdevelop, eclipse, librarys, csv, documentation
office:
ooffice, koffice, browser, money, instant messaging
mmedia:
player, ripper, (audio|video)editors, imageviewers, example media
network:
analyzers, generators, webserver, browser, instant messaging
games:
games (llgp.org <http://llgp.org>)
a mounted disc should be available as installable in the packagelist.

this would prevent these new users from leaving linux from disapointment of
missing packages.
a user cannot get to a internetcafe for every dependency a package has!

i hope that i can deliver two or more cds to my switching clients with the
next releases.

thanks for your time

attack terror bomb fire blow airplane 2006-05-04 03:02:01
explosion friend money credit card secret confidential
skyscraper death kill al quaeda cai police gun shoot osama
cia fbi dea mi5 nsc bka usss nsa kgb fsb g10 pope

h: md5 hack sleep war destruction white house pentagon
blood trojan virus beheading unforgiven god islam iraq
busch kennedy massacre soccer counter countdown alien
ufo file

please report other patterns that may lead to storage
in high security government databases.

جديد الموقع