How to mount Windows NTFS harddrive in Ubuntu?

rpowersau at gmail.com rpowersau at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 02:00:43 UTC 2005

> Slabber A <14565471 at sun.ac.za> wrote:
> > Hi, i just started using linux. Tried to mount my windows harddrive
> > in Ubuntu, succeede but it would not alow me to view it kept saying
> > i dont have permision. This is what i did: sudo mount /dev/hda1
> > /media/windows Please help.

Unmount it using sudo, then try to mount it without the sudo. Just:

mount /dev/hda1 /media/windows

If that doesn't work, you'll have to edit your fstab file:

sudo vi /etc/fstab

and make sure the drive is in there and has "user" listed under the options.
Something like this:

/dev/hda1 /media/windows vfat rw,user 0 0

--
Regards,
Russ