First computer language

Stephen R Laniel steve at laniels.org
Mon Aug 15 19:16:50 UTC 2005

On Mon, Aug 15, 2005 at 03:09:15PM -0400, Sean Sieger wrote:
> I'm telling you Rajiv, it's the motherload and it'll keep you busy
> for the next year. I have yet to purchase, Mastering Regular Expressions,
> but my guess is, the regular expression stuff in perldoc (perlrequick,
> perlretut, perlre and perlreref) must rival that well recommended book.

MRE is an amazing book, culminating in the somewhat famous
final example, where Freidl writes a regular expression to
match against an email header. There's a section in MRE on
deterministic and non-deterministic finite automata (DFAs
and NFAs), sections about all the various kinds of regexen
available in every major tool, etc., etc. The book is quite
worth getting.

--
Stephen R. Laniel
steve at laniels.org