Ubuntu's Perl

Anthony Gardner cyclewood_ltd at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Aug 15 15:42:31 UTC 2005

This is from memory as I'm at work but ....

if you do perl -V you'll see all the paths (@INC) that
Perl is using. What is in those dirs I will have to
check when I get home.

As for installing a fresh Apache ..... it complains
that Perl was not compiled with gcc. Like I said, I
installed Perl fresh with -Dcc=gcc and everythin's
fine.

--- Mario Guerra <guerramarioalberto at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2005/8/15, Anthony Gardner
> <cyclewood_ltd at yahoo.co.uk>:
> > This is quite advanced, I think, so I'll keep it
> quite
> > high level.
> >
> > The Perl that comes with hoary is compiled with
> cc.
> > Now, I have had to install a fresh version of Perl
> > under /opt (but that's not important) because I
> wanted
> > to install Apache/mod_perl and associated libs and
> > Apache (downloaded from apache.org) needs to be
> > compiled with gcc. thus, it needs Perl to be
> compiled
> > with gcc.
> >

> In Ubuntu and other distributions, cc and gcc are
> just the same thing
> as this shows:
>
> mguerra at olga:~$ cc -v
> Leyendo especificaciones de
> /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i486-linux/3.3.5/specs
> Configurado con: ../src/configure -v

--enable-languages=c,c++,java,f77,pascal,objc,ada,treelang