sound problem

Kussh kushsingh at sympatico.ca
Sun Aug 14 20:11:54 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I have tried everything written in the ubuntu starter guide, the ubuntu
wiki documentation for sound debugging/trouble shooting but though my
via sound hardware is detected as an integrated part of the motherboard,
no sound comes.

The system works fine with windows but not with ubuntu. Have even
replaced esd with polypaudio but no luck.

Can somebody go over the steps one by one with me to locate the problem.
 I don't think it is an irq conflict problem as the system is working
fine in windows. Its just a case of not knowing the right configuration
parameters.

TIA,

Kussh