How to change sleep state of devices?

Sebastian M=?ISO-8859-1?B?/A==?=sch sebastian at sebastian-muesch.de
Sun Aug 14 19:24:13 UTC 2005

Hi everybody,

Is somebody familar with the acpi-kernel-interface? Maybe I've should have
send this mail to the kernel-dev - List. But let's give it a try here ;-)

Here's the problem: Is their a way to change the "Sleep State" for
acpi-devices and/or pci-devices, without the need of adding .suspend and
.resume - functions to the drivers?

Current state: The system is set up. S3 sleep state is functional, but I can
only WakeUp by using WakeOnLan, as the other pci-devices are powered off
while in S3 mode.

What I want: WakeUp by a PME-Call from the ISDN-Modem-Card (Fritzcard PCI
2.0).

Some maybe needed details of my system:
----------------------------------
HW:
    Mainboard:      Intel 815 - Chipset (FSC-1215D)
    Network:        Onboard Intel-e100
    ISDN-Card:      AVM-Fritzcard PCI 2.0

OS:
    Base:           Ubuntu-Linux 5.04 (Hoary)
    Kernel:         2.6.10-5-i686
----------------------------------

I know, I can activate the wakeup-event by using "echo -n xxx >
/proc/acpi/wakeup" ... And everything needed is activated, but for PCI only
WoL is functional:
----------------------------------
cat /proc/acpi/wakeup

Device  Sleep state     Status
PCI0       4             enabled
AGPB       4             enabled
PCIH       4             enabled
USB1       4            disabled
USB2       4            disabled
AC97       4            disabled
MC97       4            disabled
KEYB       1            disabled
PS2M       1            disabled
COM1       4            disabled
COM2       4            disabled
----------------------------------

Seems like the card is capaple of PME, and on Windows it is indeed ...
lspci -vvv -s 01:0b.0

0000:01:0b.0 Network controller: AVM Audiovisuelles MKTG & Computer System
GmbH Fritz!PCI v2.0 ISDN (rev 01)
        Subsystem: AVM Audiovisuelles MKTG & Computer System GmbH Fritz!PCI
v2.0 ISDN
        Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster- SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr-
Stepping- SERR+ FastB2B-

Cu
Sebastian