changing video card

Glenn Holmer gholmer at ameritech.net
Sun Aug 14 15:47:14 UTC 2005

On Sunday 14 August 2005 10:19, Gabriel wrote:
> Glenn Holmer wrote:
> >I replaced my video card, so now Ubuntu comes up in runlevel 2.  How
> > do I get to the configuration program to set up the new card?
>
> What card have you got?

I went from a Matrox G400 that died :( to an Nvidia GeForce MX 4000.
Two questions, I guess:

1) Can that card even be set up at all without installing binary
drivers?

2) How to call the config program from text mode (e.g. in SUSE, you can
run the "YaST" config utility under X or either in console mode).

   Glenn Holmer (Linux registered user #16682)