Vertical flickering bands on analog TFT using i810

Michael Wardle michael at endbracket.net
Sun Aug 14 11:28:55 UTC 2005

A Google search for "i810 vertical lines" turned up this thread that
seems to describe your problem exactly
<http://lists.debian.org/debian-x/2003/09/msg00072.html>.

Suggestions I've come across include explicitly disabling the "dri"
module, explicitly setting the amount of system memory reserved for the
video card using the "vram" kernel parameter at boot time and disabling
the hardware cursor by adding the directive Option "SWCursor" "true" to
xorg.conf, but the original poster in the above mailing list thread
resolved the problem by reducing the color depth to 16 bpp.

Please try these options (especially the last one), try to verify
whether this problem still exists in other distributions, and see
whether this bug is supposed to have been fixed but may have somehow
become reintroduced (regressed).  I would suggest Debian's Bug Tracking
System <http://www.debian.org/Bugs/>, Red Hat's Bugzilla
<https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/index.cgi>,
X.org/Freedesktop.org's Bugzilla <https://bugs.freedesktop.org/>, and
Google as good resources.

It would be good if you could get some more information and report back
to the list or report this as an Ubuntu bug.