ADSL-pppoe issues

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Sat Aug 13 19:25:59 UTC 2005

David Teague wrote:
> On   Monday, June 20, 2005 3:56 AM
> "Amichai Teumim" wrote with subject: ADSL-pppoe issues
>

>>In order to connect to the internet I use a router that uses pppoe and
>>DHCP. I run sudo pppoeconf and set it up. Works great.
>

>>However my ISP disconnects me once in a while
>

>  <SNIP information on how Amichai reconnects>
>
>>The only way I can reconnect usually is by rebooting. Once in a while
>>that doesn't work either and then I have to shutdown and turn off the
>>router for a few seconds and that seems to do the trick.
>

>>Any ideas?
>

>>This is really irritating.
>

> I'm in a similar situation, and this annoys me as well.
>
> I searched my copies of email since January. I didn't find
> any messages with "ADSL-pppoe issues" as subject line.
>
> Was there an answer, even in the negative, to Amichai's
> question?
>
> David Teague,  http://cs.wcu.edu/~dbt
> Advocating Free Software and Double Bass tuned in fifths
> www.dennismasuzzo.com;  www.silviodallatorre.com
> www.joelquarrington.com/;  For information on Red  Mitchell,
> http://home.teleport.com/~mimuma/;  www.larryholloway.com

I used to have this problem once a few years back, I was pretty
convinced that it was the quality of the phone lines or service because
I tried multiple houses with multiple routers(all linksys though)

Sorry, no solution except maybe to try a different router netgear has
never had the problem. Check web chats about your provider though since
that might be it.

-A