ADSL-pppoe issues

David Teague davidbteague at verizon.net
Sat Aug 13 14:10:41 UTC 2005

On   Monday, June 20, 2005 3:56 AM
"Amichai Teumim" wrote with subject: ADSL-pppoe issues

> In order to connect to the internet I use a router that uses pppoe and
> DHCP. I run sudo pppoeconf and set it up. Works great.

> However my ISP disconnects me once in a while

 <SNIP information on how Amichai reconnects>

> The only way I can reconnect usually is by rebooting. Once in a while
> that doesn't work either and then I have to shutdown and turn off the
> router for a few seconds and that seems to do the trick.

> Any ideas?

> This is really irritating.

I'm in a similar situation, and this annoys me as well.

I searched my copies of email since January. I didn't find
any messages with "ADSL-pppoe issues" as subject line.

Was there an answer, even in the negative, to Amichai's
question?

David Teague,  http://cs.wcu.edu/~dbt
Advocating Free Software and Double Bass tuned in fifths
www.dennismasuzzo.com;  www.silviodallatorre.com
www.joelquarrington.com/;  For information on Red  Mitchell,
http://home.teleport.com/~mimuma/;  www.larryholloway.com