[Breezy] Texas Instrument Graphing Calculators ?

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Sat Aug 13 02:48:05 UTC 2005

Hmmm... not sure how much an audience I will get on that kind of subject
but.... if you don't ask you don't get ! ;-)

Today I was playing with the lovely new Application Installer, and
discovered accidentaly, that Linux rocked even more than I thought : I
discovered a program that connects to TI graphing calculators. :-)
I was very excited, and dug out my dusty 10 year old TI-82 and it's
serial cable.
The package/program is called "tilp", it's in universe.

Problem : the program starts, but whatever control I click on (icons,
menu entries...), nothing at all happens. In the terminal window, error
messages from Glade suggest that there are actually no action associated
to the various buttons/icons/items etc !
Can someone get it working ??

If not, then I have already filed a bug about it :

https://launchpad.net/malone/bugs/1746

... but since nobody has been assigned to this particular package, I
doubt that anything will ever be done about it, as I guess it's just yet
another obscure package amongst thousands and thousands of other
packages in universe.

I started Hoary and noticed that tilp was in there too. It does work,
but it has rough edges, and there must be some bug, because it seems
unable to dump the ROM of the calculator...
The version in Hoary is 6.76 and the one in Breezy is 6.79, so I was
hoping that if the latest version would work, it might be able,
eventually, to dump the ROM.

Any help/info/advice welcomed...

Regards,

--