touchpad not recognized in 504-install (but works in 504-live!)

klaus e. werner kewerner.lists at fastmail.fm
Fri Aug 12 19:02:44 UTC 2005

Dear list,

after trying out the latest ubuntu 5.0.4 with a live CD, with everything
working perfectly, I decided to install it (also, latest version). To my
embarrassment, the touchpad on my no-name ("Nev at da") laptop this time
was not recognized.

Does anyone know

- how to transfer the settings from the Live-system to the installed
system?
- or how to work on the touchpad settings anyway in the installed system
(menu -> administration -> device manager?)
- or where to look for help?

I would be very glad for every help!

Many thanks,

kewerner