Creating packages of python

Marc Wiriadisastra strikeforce at iinet.net.au
Fri Aug 12 03:35:25 UTC 2005

The example I would like to use is http://rufus.sourceforge.net

This has an install script in the directory the setup.py is only used
for windows.  What I would prefer to do is create a dpkg for this
however the rules script that I'm setting up seems to have issues where
it won't build anything which of course isn't needed since you can just
run it without building it.

I'm stumped since I've created deb packages fine if there is a make
script and a configure script even without any alterations.  Just to
test it.  However get a python or even a program thats a jar and it
confuses me.

Regards

Marc Wiriadisastra