Please Remember Netiquette <snip>

John Nilsson john at milsson.nu
Thu Aug 11 21:30:13 UTC 2005

On tor, 2005-08-11 at 15:04 -0400, Hakim Singhji wrote:
> I understand that this is a newbie friendly list. However, I do not
> think this is the best approach for newbies. I'm of the opinion that
> the adaptation of certain guidelines allows for proper learning for
> and preparation for non-newbie environments. C'mon you can't be a
> newbie for ever.

Mabey it would be a good idea to periodicly send a mail to the list with
links to some documents that people should have read, and reread if it's
been a while.

Apart from the previously supplied links and the obvious UbuntuFAQ's
this is links that I think qualifies.

http://en.tldp.org/HOWTO/Unix-and-Internet-Fundamentals-HOWTO/
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Advocacy-6.html
http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html