Colored laser printers

Al Gordon runlevel7 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 17:39:49 UTC 2005

On 8/11/05, paul roeland <paul.roeland at milieudefensie.nl> wrote:
> Charles Yao wrote:
> > Hi guys and girls any suggestions for colored laser printers that work
> > out of the box with Ubuntu?
> >
> > Charles
> >

> basically, anything that speaks proper Postscript should work. Here a
> Kyocera 5016 was recognized by the Ubuntu workstations long before the
> Windows ones could use it :-)

A good starting point list might be found by clicking on System,
Administration, Printing, then double-clicking New Printer. ;)

Something to be wary of: Make sure that any printer you buy has an
adequate physical control panel in order to perform its basic
functions without resorting to software.  One of my clients has a
color printer (I forget the make and model at the moment) that you
can't change the toner in without using their Windows driver/app.

--

  -- AL --