IBM Thinkpad T41 Power Off

Harry Wert hwert at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 10 13:02:02 UTC 2005

I am currently using Ubuntu with my IBM Thinkpad T41 which works
beautifully as far as Ubuntu is concerned. I have a minor annoyance
which I wonder if others have experienced concerning failure to turn all
the way Off when exercising the Shutdown command.  I have done the usual
experimentation with Bios options - none of which have had any effect.
I have not been able to figure out how to isolate the problem between
Unbuntu or the Laptop itself.  The laptop is dual boot Windows Xp and
Linux and shuts down correctly under Windows.  Any pointers would be
appreciated.  This is not a high priority item, just a nuisance.

Harry Wert
Physicist