Klipper Icon? (Was: Hoary: Copy/Paste Not Working in Evolution)

Arjan Geven arjangeven at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 10:55:11 UTC 2005

On 8/8/05, Alan Swartz <kde at swartzes.com> wrote:
> After you install klipper...
> sudo apt-get install klipper
> On the Gnome/Ubuntu menu go to System > Preferences > Sessions
> and click on the Startup Programs tab
> I added klipper here...
> Startup Command: klipper
> Order: 80
>
> When you click on the klipper icon it keeps a list of items in the
> clipboard which you can select. You can configure klipper to store the
> number of entries in the history that you want.
>
> Great application. Hope it works for you.

I installed Klipper based on your suggestion, and it seems to work
nicely. However, the Icon in the panel is "empty". A space is created
between the Gaim-icon and a separator. I can click on this empty space
and the Klipper menu comes up. However, no icon. This, of course,
annoys me, but I've been unable to change the icon so far.

Is it possible to assign a new icon to Klipper or to turn the original
icon visible?

Thanks,
Arjan

PS: I have both KDE and Gnome installed, but usually use Gnome..