is ubuntu suitable for computer without internet connection..

::albert:: titikhitam at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 11:01:52 UTC 2005

hi.. i'm a newbie in ubuntu and linux..i'm planning to install ubuntu
on my dorm which there are no internet connection available.. does it
suitable for stand alone computer without any internet conecction?
because i've been told that ubuntu is very powerful when there are
internet connection such as when i'm trying to install something or
update something just as written on unofficial ubuntu guide..

are there books / ebooks which is available for free and can be used
by me as a guide for mastering ubuntu? please help me...

thank u very much for your help....