macromedia shockwave and flash plugins

R Kimber rkimber at ntlworld.com
Mon Aug 8 19:27:41 UTC 2005

On Mon, 8 Aug 2005 20:00:44 +0100
Lee Braiden <lee_b at digitalunleashed.com> wrote:

> On Monday 08 August 2005 14:35, Larry Grover wrote:
> > There are a couple of packages you can try installing:
> > libflash-mozplugin, swf-player.  I've tried them but found they
> > don't work very well.  They're not compatible with most of the
> > flash that's on the web, and they tend to crash mozilla/firefox.
>
> There is also the option to use qemu (to emulate an x86 Linux system)
> along with the x86 linux flash player binary

Actually, on the 64bit platform the plugin seems to work moderately
well with Mozilla (I haven't tried Firefox).

When I say 'moderately well' I mean that it doesn't seem to crash and
you get to see some of the stuff.  Not everything works however.  But
it's better than nothing.

- Richard.
--
Richard Kimber