Hoary: Copy/Paste Not Working in Evolution

tombeharrell ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Mon Aug 8 14:27:25 UTC 2005

Norman Silverstone Wrote:

> Perhaps in my ignorance I cannot see what the problem is. Today, for

> example, I copied part of the text of an email into another email with

> no difficulty. Or am I missing something somewhere?

I'm having clipboard copy/paste issues a lot with Linux, it just
doesn't seem to work right. It's the same in all distros I've used and
it's worst in Evolution, but does happen in several other programs.

Firstly it seems that copying something to the clipboard only holds it
on the clipboard while that text is still selected in the application.
This really annoys me because I often go into a file, find something
and copy it, then close the file again ready to paste it into something
else. If I do this though and don't leave the file I'm copying from
open, the clipboard is empty and there's nothing to paste!  ](*,)

In Evolution, the Copy option from the context menu definitely doesn't
work for me. There is never anything to paste even within Evolution.
Control+C usually works though sometimes only on the second attempt (or
maybe sometimes I lose the selection of the text I'm copying.)

Is this a Gnome issue? Though I'm almost sure it's the same in KDE
using Kwrite etc.

Tom.

--
tombeharrell