macromedia shockwave and flash plugins

Larry Grover lgrover at zoominternet.net
Mon Aug 8 13:35:45 UTC 2005

Renato Henriques wrote:
> I asked this before and I was told all I had to do was to go to the
> Synaptic repository. I found nothing at all. Specific sites demand
> an uptaded plugin or it will be the same as using a browser as a
> blind bat. If I download straight from macromedia it does not
> install, perhaps because I am using Ubuntu for Power PC on a Power
> Mac G4 and not intel.

There aren't any plugins from Macromedia for linux-powerpc.

> who can help me?

Macromedia, if they were willing (and they don't seem to be).

If you're using linux-ppc, then a few web sites simply won't work (if
they're 100% flash), some will work partially (but the flash portions
won't), and most will work perfectly (since they don't use flash).

There are a couple of packages you can try installing:
libflash-mozplugin, swf-player.  I've tried them but found they don't
work very well.  They're not compatible with most of the flash that's
on the web, and they tend to crash mozilla/firefox.

Regards,
Larry