WIKI MERGER NOTICE

Henrik Nilsen Omma henrik at canonical.com
Sun Aug 7 20:02:51 UTC 2005

Hello all,

The Ubuntu Down Under (UDU) wiki will be merged into the main Ubuntu
wiki on Tuesday Aug. 9th. We will start the process around 11.00 UTC at
which time both wikis will be made read-only. The whole process should
only take about half an hour.

Both systems are moin-based so no changes in mark-up will be required
and edit history will be preserved for the pages from both wikis.
Attachments will also follow the pages. Both root URLs will point at the
combined wiki so that pages from both can be reached at their original
locations (http://udu.wiki.ubuntu.com/ and https://wiki.ubuntu.com/).

In cases where pages existed in both wikis under the same name, I have
manually merged them or renamed one of them to avoid conflicts (see
RecentChanges). If you have special affection for any of these you might
want to check that I've done it in a sensible way and if not try to
merge across the relevant information yourself. Some links have
temporarily gone empty during the manual merging of pages, but this
should all come back together when the merge is complete.

I've added a CategoryUDU label to most pages in the UDU wiki pages so
that they can easily be found after they are merged into the main wiki.
I've also added the CategorySpec label to the relevant pages.

Please do not create any new pages in the UDU wiki with the exact same
name as in the main wiki or vice versa before the merge on Tuesday.
Backups of both wikis will be taken just before the merge procedure, so
if something valuable does go missing please contact me about it so I
can fish it out again.

Thank you.

- Henrik