Mozilla Thunderbird filter question.

Cybe R. Wizard cyber_wizard at mindspring.com
Sat Aug 6 13:19:26 UTC 2005

On Fri, 05 Aug 2005 15:18:25 -0700
Alex Mandel <amandel at dfg.ca.gov> wrote:

> Cybe R. Wizard wrote:
> > Can Mozilla Thunderbird be made to filter newsgroups on cross
> > postings? Belonging to groups wherein some are not very informed
> > makes this a necessity.  Otherwise, do you know of another client
> > which will?
> >
> > Cybe R. Wizard
>
> click on tools -> message filters
> select the group you want to filter and try adding some filters
>
> I've never tried it on a newsgroup but it's available so try it.
>
> Alex

Subject, date, and sender seem to be the only options available.  It'd
be nice to filter out all posts that are cross posted to X number of
groups.  It doesn't seem possible however, unless there are
incantations about which I know nothing.

Cybe R. Wizard
--
Q: What's the difference between MicroSoft Windows and a virus?
A: Apart from the fact that viruses are supported by their authors,