Unable to mount JFS partition on Live CD

Stefan Urbanek stefan at agentfarms.net
Sat Aug 6 10:35:15 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-08-06 at 01:01 +0200, Stefan Urbanek wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-08-05 at 23:31 +0100, Colin Watson wrote:
> > On Fri, Aug 05, 2005 at 11:57:48PM +0200, Stefan Urbanek wrote:
> > > I am experiencing JFS mount problems with the Live CD (Hoary 5.04). I
> > > have a JFS (extended) partition on my laptop which is /dev/hda6 on my
> > > installed mandrake system. In the Ubuntu Live CD cfdisk detects that
> > > partition as JFS too, however when I (su)do:

> > Too obvious, perhaps - but did you try 'modprobe jfs' first?
>
> Yes I did.

Hm, I played a bit with it. The module jfs is loaded according to the
lsmod, the partition is detected correctly as JFS. I have tried various
mount -o options. Nothing helps.

This is the last thing that is preventing me from switching from
Mandrake to Ubuntu, as my whole /home directory is JFS. :-/

Stefan
--
http://stefan.agentfarms.net

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then
you win.
- Mahatma Gandhi