Hi, I'm new to linux in general, and am visually impaired.

Michael R Head burner at suppressingfire.org
Fri Aug 5 17:21:45 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-08-03 at 05:33 -0700, brandon.mcginty at gmail.com wrote:
> On the ubuntu website, I found some talk of accessibility, but no
> details.
> Can anyone on the list fill me in?
> If there are screen reading packages included with ubuntu, how hard
> are they to install and what would I need; how would I start them up?

I have hoary installed here. If I select "System/Preferences/Assistive
Technology Support," I find that I can enable a screen reader, a
magnifier, and an on-screen keyboard.

Hopefully that will help you get started. Come back with more questions,
if you have them.

mike

--
Michael R Head <burner at suppressingfire.org>
burner | suppressingfire | firestorm | phoenix | firefighter